Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Brooch Wedding Bouquet

As promised, here are a few of my d.i.y projects I did for my wedding in August. I think that the more stuff you make your self, the more intamite and personal your wedding will be!

Numero Uno: My wedding bouquet, made with fake (yes I said fake) silk flowers, and antique brooches from my late grandmother, as well as a few I found at the craft store Michaels.


I decided to go the fake flowers because A. They last forever, and B. They are cheap!
It took me quite a few tries to get it the way I wanted it, but after some cuts, mild frustration, and a lot of internet research, I finally figured it out.
If you want to make your own bouquet, I recommend using floral wire and tape.
How I did it (because I just know you are all dying to know ^.^) :
1. To start, tape a few flowers together to form the center. I went with the largest flower for a statement centerpiece.
2. Working your way around the base, add more flowers, taping each layer, until you are satisfied with the size.
3. I added brooches as a vintage and unique touch, so if you wish to do the same, add them in the layers as if they were flowers. (to make brooch flowers, attach floral wire to the brooch, then wrap in floral tape.)
4. Add a final layer of floral tape around the bouquet stem after trimming it to the length you want to hold. (Trust me, you want to do this before you tape it all up... don't ask how I know this. I just know.)
5. Finally, wrap the stem with fabric, or as I prefered, lace.



 *I added the final touch to mine using a "P" key chain thing we found in my grandma's collection of brooches. It was fate that it was the letter P for Pugh! Above that, I added a pendant thing we found at Michaels because it had "sixteen" written on it in vintage letters for the 16th of August (my wedding date). Personal touches like these really tie your bouqet together and make it your very own.

And voila! There you have it :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment