Friday, October 19, 2012

Monthly Receipt Box

To help with maintaining a budget, Kyle and I decided to keep track of all of our receipts throughout the month. We started with just an old shoe box, but because I'm me, I couldn't stand to let it sit in my living room without looking presentable. I wish I would've taken a little more time on it, but eh it will do. I started with a variety of scrapbook paper, and went to work. It's really pretty simple. All you do is cover the box with whatever kind of paper you want, and decorate it how you'd like. I then cut out tags for each month to slip into a slot I made on the lid of the box to keep track of the the month we were on. Then at the end of the month, we add up our receipts to figure out how much we usually spend. I also have a file I like to store them in once they are all accounted for, with the total money spent on the front of each month's envelope. (It just makes me feel a little more organized). Why not give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment