Friday, October 5, 2012

Recipies: Husband tested, Wife approved

I'm a sucker for a good recipie, so here are just a few recipie I've tried lately and thoroughly enjoyed! I absolutely do not take credit for all of them, they are just recipies I've pinned on pinterest. Let's get cookin' shall we?

  Au Gratin Potatoes

I love anything to do with potatoes and this is one of my favorite ways to consume them! I found this recipie randomly online, and I recommend it 100%.

Ingredients:
 4-5 potatoes
 Salt & Pepper to taste
 Garlic Salt
 3 Tbls Butter
 3 Tbls Flour
 2 Cups Milk
 1 1/2 Cups of Cheese
 1/2 tsp. Salt

To make:
 Preheat the oven at 400', and butter a casserole dish. Slice the potatoes into thin discs, and layer one layer onto the bottom of the dish. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
 For the sauce, melt the butter in a pan. Add the flour and 1/2 tsp. salt, and mix for about a minute. Stir in the milk, cooking it until it thickens. Add cheese, and stir it in until melted.
 Pour the cheese sauce over the first layer of potatoes, adding another layer of potatoes until all of the sauce is gone.
Finally, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, cover, and bake for about an hour and a half. 


  Parmesan Chicken

This is my own recipie, and I must also add that it is one of my hubby's favortie meals I make. It's super easy and absolutely delicious if I do say so myself.





Ingredients:
 4 large chicken breasts
 about 1 cup italian breadcrumbs
 about 1 cup parmesan cheese
 about 1/2 cup melted butter

To make:
 Melt the butter in a bowl, and in another bowl mix cheese and breadcrumbs. (I added about because I never actually measure it, I just eyeball how much to add so I won't waste any breadcrumbs). Take a chicken breast and coat in the melted butter, then coat in breadcrumbs and cheese. Place chicken on a foiled pan, and bake in the oven for 1 hour at 350'


  Smothered Beef Burritos

This is a fabulous crockpot recipie. I love my crockpot and any excuse to use it! This recipie was found on foodpusher.blogspot (I think), and is super yummy! However, the recipie calls for enchilada sauce, but I think I'm going to try it with a green chili sauce next time instead.


Ingredients:
 1 1/2 1bs of shredded beef
 1 large can of mild enchilada sauce
 2 beef boulian cubes
 5-7 tortillas
 1/2 can refried beans
 Cheese

To Make:
 Put boulian, beef, and sauce in the crockpot. Cook on low for about 7-8hrs, or on high for 3-4. Once the meat is tender, spread refried beans onto the tortilla, and a spoonful of meat. Top with cheese, and fold into a burrito. Once all of the burritos are assembled and in the pan, top with the rest of the sauce and meat in the crockpot, as well as a good helping of cheese. Broil for about 3 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.


  Chicken Enchiladas

Oh my goodness, my mouth is watering just writing about these. I've never made my own sauce for enchiladas before, but this sauce was the bomb! I found this recipie on joyfulmommaskitchen.blogspot through pinterest. I added a few of my own ingredients and twists though.


Ingredients:
 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
 2 cups cheese
 3 Tbls butter
 3 Tbls flour
 2 cups chicken broth
 1 cup sour cream
 1 can green chillies
 1 cup corn
 1 cup beans (any kind)

To make:
 Preheat the oven at 350', and grease pan. Cook/shred chicken (I boiled mine, but I recommend boiling it with a little chicken stock/boulian to add more flavor). Mix chicken, corn, beans, and cheese in a bowl, then roll into the tortillas.
In a pan, melt butter, then add flour. Mix for about a minute, then add chicken broth. Heat until thick and bubbly, and stir in the sour cream and green chillies. (Do not boil the sauce after you add in the sour cream, you will curdle the cream).  
Pour sauce over enchiladas, cover with cheese, and backe for 22 minutes. I broil mine after 22 minutes for about 2 minutes to make the cheese golden and melted.


  Italian Cream Sauce

Finally, this is a pasta sauce I found on jaimiecooksitup.blogspot. So, so yummy. Her recipie comes with a chicken recipie as well, but I just made my parmesan chicken (posted above) and it was just as delicious I think.


Ingredients:
 10 oz Italian Herb cooking cream (Philadelphia)
 2 cans cream of chicken soup
 1 cup chicken broth
 1/2 cup milk

To make:
 Add all ingredients to a pan and heat through until the sauce is creamy and bubbly. Pour over any kind of pasta, bow-tie is best I think. Serve with chicken either sliced on top or on the side.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment